10.2.13

Change of hair style

Something that was keeping me quite worried about the project was the "hair" of my alien.
The tentacle like that I had planned where turning out to be a problem for the kind of movement that I wanted to achieve.


On the render tests it was more than clear that they needed a lot of work. so I went up and made a skeleton to animate it. 
The way it was bending didn't get the kind of look that I wanted plus to get a decent animation by hand was going to be way to much work with probably poor results. 



I decided to go on another direction as the movement that I wanted was like a slow organic tentable movement as if they where under water or without gravity. So I experimented a little bit with dynamics. Now I havent played a lot with them so it was quite difficult to figure the values for mostly everything and even when I followed some tutorials I wasnt getting the results that I wanted, plus it was nearly impossible to see it real time so I had to be back rendering all the time to see the results. 







By the time I was at this point I noticed that this had already taken me out of my schedule to finish things on time, and that it was being more problematic than it was relevant. 
Despite the concept that I already had, I went on and changed for something more easy to handle, so with the help of mudbox I made this as the new "hair-style". My idea was to put a bone-like aureola behind it, but because of time constrains I'll have to see if I have time to add it later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment