12.4.13

DOTA2 - Character Art Guide

Beautiful Tumblr brought this up a while ago on my dashboard about a Game character guide from Valve's DOTA2 which at first I thought it was a PDF showing the characters sheets and as I haven't played the game I nearly skipped over.

After deciding to give it a go I notices that it was a general but very useful pipeline of the workflow when it comes to a character design and creation for a video game.
Some of the points they touch might seem quite basic, but some of them are certainly too basic that people usually forget them (and by people I mean me).
The topics go from silhouette, gradient and colour schemes to some geometry, UV mapping and item making tips.

Here's the link to the PDF which I'm planning to print for future reference. Once again, well done Valve.

No comments:

Post a Comment