14.5.13

Responsive brief

Following the video game idea for the previous module, where I ended up doing a bit of a cinematic, for this transmedia responsive brief I decided to expand into this story and transform it into something more than a side scrolling game.

From what the story goes, I'm planning to expand the idea of exploration and object collecting so that it can work in different levels of gaming, from social gaming like mobile and social-media games (facebook like), to platform, to massive multiplayer online (MMO).

I started to have the idea of either getting rid of the character's personality or make a customizable hero so that the user could identify themselves and input their own character into it, but I'm not sure how I could fit that with the story and the style.

Other games and concept art that inspired the style that I'm aiming at are Level 5 coming Youkai Watch and Bastion from Supergiant Games.

Something that I'm trying to aim for is heavily inspired on the type of textures used for the animation 'The Backwater Gospel' part of the animation workshop. Despite the art style being really dark and 


No comments:

Post a Comment