18.10.13

3rd and Final year

So after a long summer we finally came back for our final year at uni.
It certainly fills me up with excitement for having exciting and more challenging projects, for the idea of finally finishing a degree and being able to integrate to the industry. On the other side, I can't help feeling like it will be full of hard hard work as the extended piece of writing along with its practical part (dissertation basically) sound like the biggest challenge so far.

We were briefed for this module before we broke for summer holidays and after a serious though process I came to the idea that I wanted to work around the subject of 3D sculpting. It's an area that I haven't explore in the past but that every time I see someone else's work it makes me want to give it a go. After a little bit of research it turns out that it's very frequently used in the game industry, and specially with the new console generations coming out.
This image below if the proposal form I filled explaining the way that I want to take for this project.

Straight after this I started looking for as much information, books, and articles as I could and because I'm planning to use Pixologic's Zbrush I needed a good bunch of tutorials that I've been watching over the summer. Certainly one of the most difficult things about Zbrush is getting used to the interface; after working years and years on Photoshop and then adapting to Maya, I feel like I lack of a lot of intuition to use this 3D/2.5D  software. Hopefully it wont be long until I get the hang of it as there are quite a lot of things I need to do.

Also this is the PowerPoint presentation I made trying to illustrate the direction that I will take this project with some examples from the industry.
So this is the final year. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment