30.10.13

Starting ideas and organisation

After a long time of thinking on potential topics for my COP3 project I decided to go down the route of 3D sculpting. 
Now the topic is very VERY extensive as it can be used for environment and characters for pretty much film, illustration and recently games. 
So narrowing it down I decided to go only for Game Characters as my interest of focus. The leading software for this is without doubt Pixologic's Zbrush therefore I decided to collect as many tutorials as possible to be able to master this software. 
At the end I ended up with a ridiculous amount of tutorials for this (over 35GB). Opening the software was pretty intimidating as the interface is completely different from the ones I use most (Maya and Photoshop) so hopefully it wont be long until I get the hang of it and until I can freely swap between this applications. 
Also having a good digital tablet with a decent sensitivity will be of great help, therefore I had to borrow a wacom intuous from Uni as my bamboo wont be as good. 
This image below is my proposal submitted with the main ideas and some basic research. 


Straight after I decided to not risk marks by my lack of writing skills and time management; so I decided to create a schedule with dates that will hopefully spread the workflow and finish the work on time. It's was hard to balance the practical and written work but hopefully it will be done in time.
Also there are a few bumps in the way that I didn't consider, like projects that came along the way that will be part of PPP but hopefully it won't affect my time schedule.


No comments:

Post a Comment