15.10.12

I want it all...

As the second year begins more "pressure" and thoughts about what will come for the future start popping in many heads.
When we were asked what skills beyond this course we would like to develop or learn loads of things get to my mind: 

  • 2d Concept art: Get more techniques and opportunities to try a more artistic conceptualisation and speed painting. Colour theory, anatomy and other softwares that could help me develop more this skill. I still feel the need to change styles and learn to be more flexible in my styles. 

  • 3d Modelling: As much as I admire and get more and more attached to Maya, I'd love to learn a more artistic way of modelling. Over the summer I did my best at trying using Zbrush; many tutorials and tips from other artist helped me to get started and understand the basic ideology behind the software, but I still find it a bit difficult to work with. I just installed Mudbox which should have much more compatibility with Maya yet I haven't had the time to get into bigger walkthroughs as I did with Pixologic's software. 

  • Rendering or Game engines: I've seen other shows reels of processionals that develop amazing stuff in open sources such as UDK. Unity3D is perfect for me as I know very little about programming, so I wouldn't dare at this stage to get to a software that could be less user friendly, but I'd love to be able to experience a more powerful game engine. I've also heard so much about CryEngine and other AAA game engines that makes me curious to try them. 

  • Photorealistic Rendering: As much as I love a cartoonish/ stylised way of animation, I can help to admire amazing cinematics and games that have high quality CG. I know it all depends on the team work, ability and budget of companies, but I'd love to learn to make textures of high standards, bake shadows, creation of normals, etc.
There are many other things I'd love to get my head around like the modelling and animation of hair and cloth, more controlled 3D particles (water, controlled light, etc) and also I'd like to know how to be more social in the media, but now that I'm reading all this is just clear that I feel like I want to do everything and know it all. Understanding this still makes me want to try a bit of all this, probably with the purpose of understanding more of things and at the same time to manage to narrow down the path that I want to follow and therefore train more in a more specific area.



No comments:

Post a Comment