25.10.12

SWOT

So having a bit of a talk about framekors for business analysis the other day, we came across with the SWOT analysis which stands for Strengths Weakness Opportunities Threats.
It is basically a chart designed to measure ideas, business units or propositions, but we where assigned to target ourselves and work based on our abilities in relationship with the industry.
At the end this is what I came up with:


When I was thinking about what to fill it with it really makes you understand some of your internal aspects that,  on a professional environment, would make a difference between success and failure.
In my case, half of my problems refer to personal issues facing towards insecurities about my work; the other half is related to my lack of communication skills.
Deep down my lack of social interaction and approachability might be related again to personal insecurities, but rather than making a big internal change that might take forever, I decided to put on a professional mask that would allow me to interact in a level that is acceptable for the industry.
To help me out with that I started reading this book I got from the library:
Improve your communication skills by Alan Barker

I'll make a post later on about some of my ideas after I finish it. So far it seems very practical and intuitive, so I suppose the real challenge will be to put it down to practice. 
If anyone has notice any other strengths/weakness/ opportunities/ threats please let me know ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment