14.12.13

Clothing design - collaboration with Sarah

From all the ideas I had at first for the character I couldn't come to a finalised design for the clothing. I knew I wanted to get a look a generic RPG which usually implies some sort of fashionable combat outfit. Materials like metal and leather are frequently used, and wanted to keep it simple for potential extra details.
I made some initial ideas, but I wasn't happy with the over all feeling.



Sarah Hatton was kind enough to help me out and she drew 3 outfit options for me. At the end I chose to merge them into one choosing a my favourite features from some of them.



The shape is meant to be simple and light on movement as the character wields twin swords and agility is his main feature. At this point I haven't design those swords but hopefully I'll get down to do them soon. 
Also I'm hoping modelling clothing on zbrush is not overly complicated so that I can add extra details.
This images below are some of the ideas for the fabrics that I had in mind; the idea of having a medieval-like style with leather and baggy areas of cloth.



Also for the legs I couldn't resist to add some features from a series I'm watching called Attack on Titan or Shingeki no Kyojin in Japanese (進撃の巨人). The series itself takes part in an alternative reality where humans are evolving in a different way, and despite having some sort of rudimentary technology it seems force to be stuck in some medieval stage due to Giants attacking all the time. Something they wear to attack this giants is a weapon called 3D gear and it is attached to the body through a series of straps all over the body. I used something similar (in smaller scale) to attach the back compartment of the twin blades. 

No comments:

Post a Comment