25.4.14

Re-branding myself: new logo, new advertising

Now that I feel completely stressed out thinking about Uni work, my job and the dream job that I HAVE for personal reasons it all started to pile up and manifest as stress.
Certainly it's a difficult time for me, yet I've been trying to do what I can in order to sell myself as an artist to bigger game companies. Not only updating my work and CV, but I thought I wanted to fix a bit of the issues that I didn't like about my previous attempts: business cards. 
Yes, the ones I did before where quick and cheap, therefore I don't feel like talking bad about the printing company, but this time I wanted to create myself a new logo, and include it all my new stuff. 
Branding is always an easy way for people to identify and remember, therefore I wanted something personal, iconic and simple. (Obviously, a clover). I wanted to keep it simple and mixed the idea of calligraphy and those chinese stamps they use as signatures. 

After creating this I ended up designing new business cards using Moo.com as the provider, and also using the printfinity function where you can print as many different backs to the business cards, making them a kind of portfolio on a business card. Also, by buying this I got offer a 10% discount on any other product so I decided to go crazy and print some post cards that could work as an extension of my portfolio. 
The image bellow is the final design of the business cards, plus I ended up adding one extra to show some environment concept art. 

The quality of the printing was pretty decent and looking forward to give some away :) (not sure how to give the postcards without looking odd, but they are pretty... at least my mom will get one) 


No comments:

Post a Comment