30.1.12

Clouds

This was one of my inspirations that I found on the web. It was a final second year project of Sam Miller, a student of animation from the University of Hertfordshire in 2008.
I think the animation is beautiful and it has a really artistic touch on it. The fact that most of the backgrounds aren't as detailed as the main character gives the idea of it being a paint.
The concept is simple, but really original.
It really impressive how a small group of people can manage to make such an amazing project.
Also, not only is well animated, but I think it has really well planned shots and a positive editing.



The sound goes along very well and the voice of the mother at the end it's just awesome.
This kind of animation may look simple, but I'm pretty sure now that it takes a LOT of effort to achieve something like this.
I really hope I manage to improve the quality of my work on the coming years.

Also, check out Sam's website! It's got really nice illustrations :)

No comments:

Post a Comment