21.1.12

[Let your values guide you]


On January the 10th we had the a special guest called Andy Peers. He went on about part of his life and experiences that got him to where he is now (Love enterprise). More than talking about how to be successful, he mention the importance of your own values and how by sticking to them you create your own and personal success. Having said that, I started wondering about my values (since it was one of the questions that came on the exercise sheet). I believe that my values have always been really strong thanks to my family having loyalty, honesty and responsibility in hard work as the strongest ones. I've always had them in mind, but then I started wondering: 'what about the ones I lack the most?' After some moments of self reflection I started to realize that I often forget to analyse my own limitations, and I suppose it is still a sign of what's left of my young and naive side. Is not that I'm getting old, but certainly not getting any younger (lol) and this kind of reflections help me recognise myself as an individual. Being away from my family and most of my friends has help me to encourage my dedication and commitment to the games and animation world.
"It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are."       Roy Disney
Another of the questions on the exercise sheet was something like Why are you studying this course? (or something like that)  
Loads of things crossed my mind at that moment. My answer was 'Because I believe that I can create life that will inspire someone...one day' ...pretty lame, but I was thinking of the people that inspired me to decide to take this course, to drop my whole past and embark on this new adventure.

I found this on tumblr and decided to put it here. I know that posting about Pixar must be cliché by now, but I do believe that they all share really strong values that it's reflected on their work.










Creative - Courageous - Valuing Difference - Inspiring - Honest - Thoughtful

"Let your values guide you"  is a phrase that I'll try to make mine, hopping it will help me to be less scare about the future and focus more now on growing my talents and improve as a person. 

"You've got to find what you love. The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking and don't settle"  Steve Jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment