30.1.12

Isolation II

My responsibility for the animation this time was the scenario which is basically just the 'island' where the person is.
I thought it was an easy task to just do a few frames of the tree and some others for the grass, but my original plan was to do it in photoshop which didn't turn out as I expected:


The only type of animation I've done in the past were small gifts that didn't required much fluid movement, but I wanted to do it properly so I decided to drop it and give After Effects a try.
Thanks to some tutorials online and to the file that I had on photoshop already made it was just a matter of parenting and rotating to give it a great fluent move; and I say great because I almost cry when I saw how pretty it looked... Or probably it was just my excitement for seeing it moving.
Either way, after some tests, it was quite hard to get a realistic movement and because of the lack of time I had to leave it looking like a jellyfish:



For the grass it was the same process: drawing a few separate parts and parent them so that the rotation affects the children. It was easy up until the point where I had to duplicate for a ridiculous amount of copies, positioning them in front and behind the tree to give a more "3 dimensional" feeling and having to give them different timing to make it look more of natural random movement.

I'm quite happy with the outcome. I know there is lot of room for improvement, but we're running out of time. I'm pretty sure that the awesome animations that Ryan is doing for the character plus the beautiful backgrounds from Sophie will help a lot to distract people from noticing my mistakes (lol).
I hope the post production and editing doesn't end up being too complicated since Daryl and Tom are busy polishing the first poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment