14.5.13

Website opening! - getting out there

As part of my intention to get a job in the industry I opted for the option of building an image of myself as an artist, an nothing better to start with than doing it on the internet.
I've had for years had this "artistic" name 'Clover Lawn' (don't ask how or why please)  and because of emails and previous works I decided to stick to it.

clover lawn
Clover Lawn

There are several options out in the web of exposing your work and many of them work as a portfolio where the community can give you feedback. I pretty much have one of each, some have been there for a while, some of them I opened them and didn't really updated them, but I still always wanted to have my own website, not restricted or tide to any other rules.
After talking to my friend Sarah Turner (digital engagement consultant, web designer and manga artist), she finally helped me to build up my website and get everything ready to have it up and running.

It was all based in a template because I just wanted to have it simple and quick to start applying to companies as soon as possible and use it as my main portfolio.
After she build it, she tought me the basics to use Adobe Dreamweaver (and I mean basics, 'cus I'm a bit thick with this html stuff) and also guided me through the process of buying a domain and a host (used GoDaddy.com for it).

After it was functional, I did a few modifications and managed to get the hang of at least doing some few changes to it. Knowing myself I'd probably change it during the summer with some more time in hand just to tide up things and have it as personalised as possible, and more than anything, easy to navigate depending on my work.
At this point I have only a few examples of my work. After talking to Antony Ward he suggested me to have a more focused theme for it, but that it's something I'm struggling to focus at the moment. Certainly it requires a lot of tidying up, and more examples of stuff like environments and 3D work.
Hopefully I'll have some time over the summer to make those changes and maybe create a logo of my own to use in for business cards. Also I'll soon launch my facebook fanpage :D
Meanwhile, please have a look at my website and give me some feedback:




Just to clarify: it's (.me) not because I'm feeding my ego, but because it was one of the cheapest domains... 

No comments:

Post a Comment