14.5.13

Young Justice - still watching cartoons

I started watching the Young Justice in Cartoon Network not long ago (don't judge please) and I found it quite entertaining. I assume that it was an adaptation of a series in specific (as there is one comic that shares the same name) but it turns out that it's a completely new entry/adaptation of the entire DC comics universe. This took me by surprise as now a days every single comic and superhero is being turned into a film with few variations.
In this case what caught my attention was the fact that after finishing the first series and starting to watch the second one, I found some odd changes that weren't explained. Small details that I didn't thought where mayor and that expected to get them as a flash back later on during the story, but while searching for it I came across to an answer on the Siliconera website. "Young Justice Action RPG to serve as "season 1.5" of the story" is the title and pretty much it talks about a game that will come out on this September 2013 that will serve as a link and explain the 5 year gap between the two series.
With all this transmedia topic going on I think that adaptations it's the easiest way to get one story in different platforms, but I enjoy seeing this expansion in storylines that make this transition more efficient from one platform to another.
I'm genuinely tempted to play the game just for the sake of getting the whole plot, despite that the series has been cancelled.





No comments:

Post a Comment