14.5.14

Final crit feedback

Last week we had our final crit before the submission deadline. The idea consisted on leaving your work on a computer and let people look/have a go and then write some feedback on a piece of paper.
I was quite impress with most people's work, I'm quite happy to see how much everyone has improved.

The feedback that I got back from the Test 3 of the game level was generally positive. People seem to like the artwork, which was my main objective.
Because at this point I had quite a few props to make and the dialogue was still not in place (at least not all) therefore I changed some of it, so that the characters would explain that it was a demo and that parts of the level weren't functional.
People managed to spot some text boxes out of place and that the font was hard to read. At that point the scripting of the dialogues was in process so I knew I had to reposition everything. I worked on a more readable font and because of the 'language' Construct 2 uses, I couldn't use "...". The original script I made used that quite a lot, so instead I worked on a sprite based font, that would allow me to make a "..." merged into one single character, saving me space and typing. The problem with sprite font is that is hard to control the kerning as they all have a set pixel size, but I think it's a lot more readable than the default option.


There are so many other changes that needed taking place, but there was not much point at this stage to just place the assets half way done and not having the story to drive. 
Either way, I was pleased to see that it was playable and for the first time see people having a go at it. 
Next post will be the beta version, where all the text will be in place and in theory be playable all the way through, yet I'm expecting to carry on with adjustments for the end of year show. 



No comments:

Post a Comment