10.5.14

Meet: Azmer

Azmer is a snow Wemic (half lion, half human). He possess a good balance between strength, wisdom and ability. He was leader of the group that protected the pride. Being a rare type of Wemics, they started being hunted by witches trying to get hold of their rare fur. While trying to defend the pride from an attack, he sacrificed himself in order for the rest of them to scape. His loyalty to the pride is what has kept him locked up in a tiny cell ever since as he refuses to give away their location and fights back at any chance he gets. 


Azmer was definitely the most difficult character to come up with. I knew from the beginning that I wanted to make him as 'manly' as possible, but it's something I'm not entirely used to draw. The initial idea was to make a centaur, then a half human, half bull, but I was never entirely pleased with it. To this point I think there are a lot of thing I could have change to the final design. Muscles and middle aged people is something I need to practice a lot more. I also had to use some reference for the lion part of the body. Should also have played more with the colour scheme, but I wanted to make something completely opposite to what Teles is. No doubt that this is the character that I feel less proud of the outcome. :(   (practice practice practice) 



No comments:

Post a Comment