21.5.12

Experience :D

After getting quite engaged with some social networks where it's possible to publish some of your works, I got a note on my CGHub account.
It was from the company called Gameloft; a leading international publisher and developer of videogames for mobile phones, smart phones and downloadable games for consoles. They saw my profile and asked me to work for them. I was really surprise, as I haven't developed a proper game portfolio, but at the same time I was really happy to see that there's some potential for me in the industry, and not to mention that finally me being bilingual was paying off.
The happiness didn't last much as they where really eager to get me to start work asap, in their main office in Madrid, full time...
Obviously I had to turn it down, as I could't just leave my studies without even finishing the first year (I need to finish at least one degree lol). 
I asked them for a potential summer internship and we still in touch trough emails. At least I'll try to keep the connection in case they still have a space for me in 2 years time.

Even thought after that disappointment, a few weeks after I got contacted, through deviantArt this time, by a group of young blokes all around the world that where planning to start a project from 0. Being a small group of inexperienced people I thought about joining them so I could try a bit of different positions (mainly concept artist, but also can try modelling, texturing, animation, etc.)  and get the chance to get some experience without the pressure of failing for a AAA company.
So far I haven't contributed much, but only because I've been working on the final projects, but during the summer I'll make sure to update as much as I can about the concepts and contributions I make.
This team still requires a lot of work to be done, so even thought I haven't been asked I'll try my best to bring some of the organization that is missing.
At the moment if feels nice to have a weekly meeting with the whole group and see what other people are doing and enhance the communication within the different disciplines.
This project will be supported by the a German government's project once the game is 90% done and ready for some user tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment