10.5.12

Some progress V

Woking on my plants for the scene, I ended up spending too much time on details for some of them. 
At first I tried to do all hand painted, because I wanted to get this dull scene to look all full of colour, but then time was running low and had to start working on other assets. 

After putting everything on Unity, I noticed that the normal maps I did for every plant where useless, as the shaders that accept back face culling dont accept any kind of bump mapping. 
Also, never thought of combining the meshes in maya to avoid having too many objects in the scene. 
Once I put all the plants in place the scene began to get a little bit laggy. The only thing I could have done at this point was going back to maya and combine them into one mesh, but because of the time limit (and illness) I'll leave it like this for now, as the important part at this point is more composition rather than efficiency. 




No comments:

Post a Comment