18.3.14

Starting to get 'pixely'

Today I decided to start giving it a go to what the in-game sprite artwork is going to look like, before I carry on making complicated NPCs full of detail and colour.
Obviously I wanted to test Keara first as is the main character and she will have pretty much most of the animations.
This is just a quick test of her with a pixel line, although the final sprite will feel less linebase and the pixels more blended. The hight I'm happy with is 167px aprox., mainly because the animation of the hair might vary the over all hight.
Also today I spoke to Ryan and the process of the animation will begin. He will be helping me to get a rough animation mainly for the running/jogging animation. I couldn't resist to make a quick test for the idle, which clearly needs a lot of work, but I think is a progress overall. The main movement will happen on the hair, second by the dress. Luckily the hair won't have as much detail as in the full rendered version, as hair is not one of my strong points to draw. Later on I'll start making some test with the colours applied on pixels.

No comments:

Post a Comment