6.3.14

Quick introduction to the characters - initial concept art

The ideas I came up with Sanctuary started just as a way to merge my interest in stylised imagery and fantasy, creating a pleasant looking game. After working on the conceptualisation on the main character and some of the principal NPC, I started to reflect some of the personalities of people around me, and even more I started reflecting some of my own personal problems into the characters. 
Without going too into detail or to literally just make a fantasy version of my friends/family, I started creating some personalities for each character. This initial level that I'll be working on, only compels the escape and intro of the potential game. The NPC's that appear here are not necessarily going to be playable characters, but if the project was to go further, I would certainly want to give them an important role in the story. Pretty much all their personalities clash; each character will posses not only a determined personality, but they will have their own insecurities, concerns, strength and weakness. The main character will be an unusual hero type, as I want her to be the one who experiences the world and her task while dealing with insecurities and anxieties about herself. 
Loneliness is a key concept here; each NPC is the last one of their type, and this is the 'quality' that will unite them as a 'family' later on. 
Once I finish each of the characters final art, I'll go in depth on their personalities, in the mean time, here's some of the initial concept art: 

Kamea: The main character of the story, unicorn.


Alba & Kera: Dawn and dusk nymphs.

Teles: The male nordic siren 

Azmer: The Centaur/Wemic
The dragon (working on name)

This is just quick ideas for the 'bad guys'. I thought of rabbits/hares well dressed, as they're serving a rich and powerful wizard. Also wanted to play with the idea of some of them just not caring about their jobs and not being aggressive... this guys might not be on the final level, as I'm not entirely sure if I'll be able to put a battle system. 





No comments:

Post a Comment