20.3.14

THE ICONOCLASTS



This is one of my main inspirations for creating a 2D game. The Iconoclast is a one-man-team game that's under creation by Joakim 'Konjak' Sandberg and the story spins around Robin, a mechanic in a world where her hobbies are considered illegal. The demos that are available show the very rich environments and the dynamic game play.
The unification on the style is something that I find absolutely captivating; most of the hard edge corners are smooth. There are loads of squared figures on the nature around the levels, like the ground and trees, that gives a unique touch to it.



The bright colours and dynamism is something that is something that I would love to resemble on my game; de amount of details and richness on the environment is something I'll try to work on it to make it to this level.
If you want to have a look at this demo and the rest of the website (there are other games made by him) you should visit his website.



No comments:

Post a Comment