1.2.12

Instructional Video

The first part of the module for Digital Film Production we had the assignment of making an instructional video that lasted about 1 min and could be about ANYTHING. While working in a Mexican restaurant for over a year in the UK I've seen so many atrocities on the way people eat mexican street food, so I decided to make a video of it.
The planing was easy: ask my friends from home to describe me their process of eating a taco.
I got load of great ideas, some of them might sound funny or even silly, but I've done them all in more than one occation. 
I always knew mexican food was unique, but never thought that even the way of eating had it's own tradition. 
For the storyboard part I thought I was doing well by showing the gesture that I wanted and having a balance in the sequences between the speaker and the food shots.
This is what I came out with:

While filming I realised many MANY things that I didn't took in consideration:
- timings for each shot and the speed on the speech
- lighting (started filming when the sun was going down, so some shots are brighter than the others)
- scenario (I knew I could use the restaurant but didn't really thought of where exactly)
- audio (it was hard to capture the voice due to loads of noise in the kitchen)
In general, I honestly think I underestimate the planning process behind any project. Lesson learned!
Thankfully, my friend was really kind to help me out and he helped a lot with his patience.
This is the final output of the video:


At the end, my boss absolutely loved it and decided to put it on the restaurant's website (lol) so it will be publicly shown soon at www.pinchepinche.com

No comments:

Post a Comment