27.2.12

Quetzalcoatl

Right so after a massive mental/art block, I manage to settle down my ideas into something more concrete.
Since it's 2012 and the mayans say that we're all going to die, why not basing my game scenario on it! (oh yea...also cus I'm mexican...arriba! )
So from all the legends I know from ancient Hispanic cultures Quetzalcoatl is my favourite one and it's also because a serpent with feathers is cool.
I've been looking at the patterns and details from several ruins and I'll try to reflect some of the aspects from this amazing culture.
Here are the mood boards with pictures that inspired me:


Any how, I'm not going to make a historical recreation, instead I'll adapt some of this concepts to a fairytale-like environment. It's a really huge concept and there are loads of details and ideas I would have to work on, I just hope it's not too ambitious.

No comments:

Post a Comment