25.2.12

Less is more

While thinking of ideas for the scenario many ideas pop in my head, yet none of them are concrete or maybe it's just me that can define what concept I want to go for. Some of them are way too ambitious, or at least for this since the focusing point is quality over quantity , yet some other go to an easier target which I have tried before in the past.
As most of the times I like to try something new, get myself out of my comfort zone and challenge myself with something near the edge of idiotic, and this project won't be the exception.

I've been looking at all kind of inspiration over this past weekend, some of which I plan to post later, but none of them have gave me that flash of inspiration that I'm looking for. Most of he times I tent to over thing my ideas, multiple times causing a frustrating outcome of my work and covering part of my possible potential for some pieces of work.
I started realising that whenever I force myself to come up with an idea I end up blocking myself of the basic aspects and over saturating with unnecessary details.

Thankfully I happen to finally get to see the film 'In time', which was recommended by one of my classmates during a PPP presentation. I started thinking of the core idea for the film and not taking in count the multiple flaws of the film, the plot itself is absolutely fantastic.
Recurring to simple and essential ideas that we usually don't consider due to its own common nature can sometimes bring up some of the best and well established ideas; in the film's case, time.

If something my years on architecture thought me is that most of the times "less is more" and I'm intending to apply this to my concept.


No comments:

Post a Comment