20.10.11

Bravely Default

Getting my daily news on the RPG world, a game that caught my attention was Bravely Default: Flying Fairy; a direct sequel of Final Fantasy: The 4 heroes of Light for Nintendo DS but with a different name to avoid confusing the fans.

Aside of the actual game play and story of the game, I want to focus more on the environment design. I manage to find for the pictures underneath, a line art and the final version of some backgrounds for the game. I like the way you can identify every shape and even some textures in the line one, while the colour one maximize the feeling of the atmosphere.

While thinking on the creation of the environment for Reban, I was unsure of what style or way to represent it, and the way Akihiko Yoshida and the artist department of Matrix Software did it for the game seems to be a really detail way and gives you a perfect understanding of the concept they're trying to achieve.











I've seen many other environment concept arts, but I think that for my "artistic" background I tend to focus too much on details and that's why I found this concept art and outstanding piece of work, not that I don't appreciate the ones that are more abstract, but I do hope I get to achieve this level of professionalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment