4.10.11

Meet Belina

She is one of my first sketches I did for the creation of my own character as part of our first main project of the year.

Belina is a 14 year-old girl who lives in the early 1800's of an steampunk-style world.
As a background story, some countries are about go into war, including hers and the develop of new machinery and weapons is taking the specialty for her city.
She's the daughter of a scientist who works on government projects and this brings a big income for the whole family. Her mother pays no attention to her, and she's always busy shopping or going out with friends, leaving her always with her maids.

She's an antisocial and shy person (something very close to being autistic), so she doesn't interact much with people, only speaks with the ones she feels comfortable ans it's usually just the necessary. She likes to observe people who she thinks are interesting or special. She's also a perfectionist, so she tends to work and pay attention to little details. She's not very skilled for most things, but she's precise in what she does; besides, her dream is to master a technique...any. The only thing she doesn't care much is in her appearance.

What makes her special is her dreams. She dreams a lot, and she often loses perception on what's real and what's not.
She has the ability of transforming her dream/nightmares into reality, but she doesn't know about it (yet). Because of this, and after some events on his dad laboratory, she will be involved in the source of several crimes and be responsible for the appearance of mysterious creatures that start hunting the city.

In some a way, she will be involved with the main character (I'll post that later).
Some more details about her:
- Archetype: Shadow
- Physical description: Pale skin, thin but healthy body. Bright reddish ginger hair, usually short and untidy. Green eyes, from which the left pupil is always dilated (born defect). Has big dark shadows under her eyes (bags). Small scars in both sides of her mouth that continue with the line.

This are some of her first concept sketches:



I tried different looks, but I think I keep drawing her with an older look. Also the costume was really complicated at the beginning because it looked too heavy for action movements or running, so the last one is like an alteration that can be done to the dress in case she needs more easement in her moves (she made it herself lol)

At the end I decided not to go deeper in the character, but to be honest I quite liked it! so I'll keep developing her in my own time, specially because she's part of my main character for the project.
Soon I'll post my main character.

No comments:

Post a Comment