24.10.11

Lili Ibrahim



This time I'm going to talk about Lili Ibrahim, a Sweden artist based in London who's studying Illustration and animation.

I was just looking at her website and couldn't help to fall in love whit her work. Thinking that she's a student like us and she does that quality of work makes me want to push myself a bit further to improve (probably she's not a student anymore, but still...she's awesome).



Apparently she's got a lot of inspiration from acting, which would explain a lot in how well she represents facial and body expressions.
Just like me, she's aiming to work on the game industry and for that she has done some work in 3D using software like Zbrush, maya and 3D max, but for her illustrations she uses Photoshop CS5 and a Wacom intuos 4.

I strongly recommend to pay a visit to her website, deviant account or tumblr account, and have a look not only to her final illustrations, but also she's got an amazing quality of sketching (which is something I still need to work more on).
She's got a really nice technique on digital painting, in which she changes a lot from the original idea, but I think this gives you a really good opportunity for polish the final product, instead of getting stuck in the original idea, which might not be as good. You can see her process in some tutorial she made for her deviantart profile.

Looks like we've got a big competition or even better a good companion in the concept art industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment