14.10.11

Iain McCai

While talking to my sister about the concept art that I'm making for my character, she kept pushing me to look at Star Wars concept art, but I was really skeptic about it since I'm not a big fan of it and my story is the opposite to what that saga represents.
Anyway, I gave it a go the other day and came across this amazing concept artist who not only worked for the three Star Wars prequels but also did come concept art for films like Harry Potter; Iain McCaig, an American illustrator and conceptual designer who studied at Glasgow School of Art.
Here's some of his work:







In October 2008 he released his book called Shadowline: The Art of Iain McCai and while trying to get an idea of what kind of illustrations where inside I found this interview, which not only speaks about his book (actually, he barely talks about it) but he talks about he's way of perception, and about some interesting tips for other students related to concept art. (Very usefull)




No comments:

Post a Comment