22.10.11

Jace Wallace



While trying to look for an alternate type of drawings that could take me one step aside to try different styles, I remembered one artist that I've been following for a while (not stalking). He's name is Jace Wallace; an american concept artist and illustrator who seem to have done more works about fashion and naked women than anything, but still, the way he works is just impressive.


Proportions and shading for skin is one of his strong aspects that I admire, but also the composition and originality in most of his works is impressive itself.


Something that I notice while looking at his blog is that he refers at his works as "sketches" or "doodles", even though for me they are really professional looking... I suppose that's call talent.
For my character, Reban, I'm not even trying to change my style, since 1) I don't have enough time to do everything again and 2) it would look awkward to have to different styles in the same project, so I'll stick with it for now, but I'm definitely going to try to be more quick with my sketches from now on... at the moment I need to improve my quantity of ideas, and then the quality.




by the way...this is his website

No comments:

Post a Comment