6.3.13

Spaceship - Concept

Having eyes as a big part of the story I wanted to keep the concept to the extend to make it into my spaceship.
Eyes can be beautiful, but with the right movement and perspective it can become something sinister and scary. 
I remember watching something similar on an anime called 'Neon Genesis Evangelion' in which 'Angels' were creatures trying to cause and apocalispse ... (or something like that) 


One of them morphed into various things and most of them where eye-like shapes. 

I have a certain aversion with technological and stereotipical sci-fi at the moment, so I wanted to make something more organic, and at the same time something abstract.

The of the outside of the spaceship is for it to be constantly moving in all direction, as if it was scanning things quickly. A massive eye that appears through the clouds and starts staring and analysing  down on society. The core of the spaceship is hidden behind a series of screens and moving lights at different levels, making it look as if it was made of transparent layers.
I found it hard to make it look as scary as I portrait it in my head, but hopefully the movement brings a different perspective of it. This is the concept I made for it:


The inside of the spaceship still a bit unsure. I'm thinking of something organic and dark. I dont want to get too much into details for the inside as my plan is to focus on achieving a good level of quality for the alien.
My inspiration for it so far is fractals. I love the composition that can be achieved with simple algorithms. I found loads of inspiration but mainly looking for architectural driven ones.


1 comment:

  1. I saw spaceship in many games & movies. Human are now capable of producing spaceship. NASA is one of the best institution to make space craft. Welcoming information! I have heard few days ago that People will commercially send to Mars through spaceship. Who wants to go???

    ReplyDelete