6.3.13

First concepts

Before we went on Christmas holidays I knew I needed to hurry up and start working as soon as possible to avoid making the same time managing mistakes as the last project so I came straight to the idea of wanting to make the last scene with a bit of a spice. With this I mean that the alien I have in mind has to be a sexy or very feminine type.
The idea is that when the photographer get abducted he'll find himself I front of a non human yet good looking space form of living. The inside of the spaceship will be quite dark but what he can see he finds attracting. As soon as he tries to make contact he'll notice that it wasn't what he expected.

There are loads of examples I could find in games of feminine monster/boss that fit the sort of description that I want to my character.
For it to be attracting it has to share some similarity to human features and specially the ones men are attracted to.
With this in mind I came up with the idea of a space mermaid; a creature that lures man with its beauty but has not good intentions.
This is tan inspirational moodboard of examples that I found in games I've played.

Also, over the Christmas holidays I went to the beach got really inspired by all the sea life. Coral reefs, lion fish, manta rays and many other textures gave the idea of some possible looks for my space mermaid.
This is the moodboard of some inspiration for colour, texture and shapes:


Loads of doodles gave me two tentative options for my ending:
-The first one, he only sees the part above the waist as he rest is in the shadows, then he freaks out when she comes out and she has the lower anatomy of a crap like creature.


-the second one she is like an angel until he discovers that she is the bait part of a bigger creature. At the end a massive eye behind her opens indicating that the ship itself is the the massive real creature and that she was and 'organic' weapon made to lure man.

At this point I don't know which one is better and how mad I'll go when I try to make any of them.






This is the final storyboard:




No comments:

Post a Comment