6.3.13

Inside of the spaceship

For the inside of the spaceship I wanted to make something quite abstract.
My main inspiration was based on my obsession with fractals. So far I've seen a few artists that manage to create this amazing works on 3D, but I've never manage to understand how they manage to manipulate fractals on a 3D environment.




After thinking along with the storyboard and wanting to have an eye in the background I released that I needed something organic, and since the ship itself was the alien it all morphed into a flesh like structure.

I had little planned for it as the only idea I had was some pilar-like elements and a massive eye for the background. Mudbox came quite handy again for creating normals and avoiding having hypoglycaemic scene.
The texturing came out of experimenting with bump, normals, reflections and noise to give a flesh like effect. I was quite worried about the reflections of the halo as the alien moves. The time it took to render single frames where quite long so I didn't wanted to imagine the amount of time it would take to create image sequences for it.
At the end and because of the problems I had with animating my alien I decided to just render it without the animated reflections.

It will certainly not look accurate but ill do my best to get a rough effect in AE to simulate this.





No comments:

Post a Comment