6.3.13

Visual effects module

After working hard on the Machinima project, now we have a Visual Effects one which has part collaborative part where the whole group is involve in the planning and shooting and the personal where we all give and individual ending to the story.
The theme is: Alien Invasion....
Now when I first heard about this I was rather... Disappointed...
First of all I'm not a big fan of sci-fi to the extend on working with aliens and second of all, I thing over my time at the college I manage to develop a 'style' which could be cartoon or stylised so trying to work towards a realistic look makes me feel like I'm wasting time developing the wrong skills.
Now this where my first thoughts, but later on and having no other option I opted for looking at the bright side. I thing ill focus as much as I can on the modelling and texturing of my alien.

The story of the short film goes as followed:
A spaceship appears from above in front of a crowd. They all freak out except for a photographer who stays behind while trying to get a shot of it.
The spaceship shoots a beam and abducts the photographer into the spaceship.

Now what ever happens inside the spaceship is up to us, plus the design of the alien and the spaceship itself.

I'm not gonna lie and say that I'm really looking forward to this, but I hope I manage to discover more interesting things on the way that I can relate to my personal interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment