6.3.13

Azureus Rising

With the idea of making a VFX project in mind, I wasn't entirely convinced that it was my goal to follow. Not that I'm not interested on it, but realistically speaking I'm not very interested on working with real life people; nothing wrong with it, but I just thing I prefer to see a whole new world, a different style or even just avoid having the bad habit of judging how good or bad CGI was incorporated on a film.

While trying to get inspiration for my project I came across this short film called Aureus Rising.
Azureus Rising is the proof of concept for a science fiction action adventure feature film saga and next gen video game. The 6 minute proof of concept - short film, has been featured on hundreds of blogs & websites around the world. Since it's premier on youtube.com May 17th, 2010 - Azureus has received more then half a million hits and counting. Azureus Rising has also won 8 awards to date including; Best Animated Film, Best Director, Best Visuals, Best Sound FXs and Best Original Score. Currently Azureus is in development to be a major motion picture and AAA video game title.

It might not be realistic at all, but it sure brings a lot of inspiration and ideas of how far I'd like to expand my animation and 3d skills.
Also I have a 'thing' for watching makings of and luckily the official website provided a section for it.







No comments:

Post a Comment