5.12.12

Colours of a robot

UV mapping Albus was more than a challenge, it was just time consuming. having all the little pieces separated made it easier, but still it took longer than what I expected. 
Most parts went out smoothly, but having to model the environment and UV map it at the same time made me not to be able to texture Albus until really late stages of the project. 
Also it was really hart to think of a colour that would suit him, and me being not so good with colour theory I ended up opting for a "typical" bronze scheme. 

Here's some of the progress images of Albuss texture: 

1.- just the UV map capture. 
 2.- The textures finally painted...took me ages to do it and I also put a small clover as a signature :)
3.- This is just an example image of the final render of Albus. Looking great and so happy :) 

This is just an idea that I thought could work (if we had more time). I wanted to make an occlusion render pass to the textures that would add a nice feeling to the textures, and probably help to give us a cartoon style with a bit of more complexity, but unfortunately this was just an attempt  the process was becoming a bit more complicated that what I expected, and it had to be done to every single object in the scene, so probably the rendering time would have double and the time for the deadline was just upon us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment