5.12.12

The Backwater Gospel

Came across this video on tumblr the other day called "The Backwater Gospel" and so far I've seen it easily over 20 times. 
It just happens to be an incredible piece of animation part of The Animation Workshop in Denmark and not only the animation itself but the style that it has makes me drool every time I watch it. 
A well done animation that it's aimed not for kids it's probably something that you dont see a lot, specially with the quality that this posses. 
Feast your eyes: 

Amazing isn't it! 
Well I was really glad to find the making off, and seriously would love to do a project with this level of character and definition in style. 
On the video I'll put below you can see the way they worked in facial expressions and how little details become incredibly important, like the little "pen strokes" that come off the silhouettes of mostly everything. Props and scenery just works in a perfect harmony. 
This video has cause a massive impact on me...seriously. It is actually making me think that this could probably be the way I want to take my dissertation project or at least a personal project, but for now, enjoy the process of the making of The Backwater Gospel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment